Pancakes for breakfast or for anytime really… If you are like me you like to have breakfast for lunch or even dinner, why not?! It’s the definition of comfort for me.
So for quite some time, I’ve been trying to find my pancake recipe and recently I found it! I tried a lot and this one is a mix of what I liked of each one, so it’s a recipe to call mine. Maybe it is similar to someone else’s, its pancake in the end but I will share my secrets for a nice batter that will be moist fluffy and light in the month, impossible to eat one!
Ingredients (for 2 people):
- 1 cup of flour (any cup, just stick with the same to measure all)
- Half cup of confectionery sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Half tablespoon of baking powder
- Half teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 25g melted butter
- Vanilla extract or paste (up to you)
- A half cup of milk and half of (sour cream, yogurt or buttermilk) – If you don’t have to use a cup of milk with one tablespoon of lemon juice and let it sit for a bit.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix all the wet ones in another bowl
- Mix the wet ones into the dry until combined, do not mix a lot, a lumped batter is not a bad thing and if you mix a lot it will develop the gluten and it will be less fluffy.
Fry in a pan with butter, and serve! If you need more, just double the ingredients, no secret.
Ps: It’s important to have an acid liquid like buttermilk, sour cream, yogurt or the milk with lemon, it will react with the baking powder and it makes the pancakes fluffy and light!
See ya, B.